In her capacity as a fee-only financial planner, Holly acts as a Master Chef in selecting and combining the elements of each client’s financial lifestyle plan (see the sidebar to the right).
Here are some of the many ways in which we support the effort of our clients to achieve their goals – and have the freedom of making the choices that are right for them:
We begin by pulling together all the financial pieces of an individual’s life – or the life of a family or small business – as they exist today (insurance, pension, savings, investments, home, business, etc.)
With a clear picture of where you are now, the next step is to help you identify specific and measurable goals, both personal and financial
With a baseline in place and your goals established, we work with you to put together a plan that best fits your unique needs. For example, how much risk is appropriate? What about tax planning? How close are you to retirement? These and many other factors affect the planning process, which might include:
- Investment analysis and recommendations
- Pension and 401(k) election decisions
- Life and Long-Term Care insurance analysis and recommendations
- Retirement readiness analysis
- Specific planning concerns for corporate executives and business owners
- Advising employee benefit plan participants
- Buying a home (purchase, financing, mortgage payoff, refinancing, etc.)
- Advanced stock options, restricted stock, nonqualified deferred compensation
- Questions to ask your Estate Planning attorney
or check out the questions that are frequently asked
about the role of a Personal CFO.