Here are some of the many ways in which financial planning supports the efforts of our clients to achieve their goals – and have the freedom of making the choices that are right for them:
We begin by pulling together all the financial pieces of an individual’s life – or the life of a family or small business – as they exist today (insurance, pension, savings, investments, home, business, etc.)
With a clear picture of where you are now, the next step is to help you identify specific and measurable goals, both personal and financial.
With a baseline in place and your goals established, we work with you to put together a plan that best fits your unique needs. For example, how much risk is appropriate? What about taxes? How close are you to retirement? These and many other factors affect the planning process, which might include:
- Investment analysis and recommendations
- Pension and 401(k) election decisions
- Life and Long-Term Care insurance analysis and recommendations
- Retirement readiness analysis
- Specific concerns for corporate executives and business owners
- Employee benefit package options
- Buying a home (purchase, financing, mortgage payoff, refinancing, etc.)
- Advanced stock options, restricted stock, nonqualified deferred compensation
- Questions to ask your Estate Planning attorney
Every person has a unique history, circumstances, and dreams. While the process of financial planning works for everyone, no two plans are ever the same.
In her capacity as a fee-only financial planner, Holly acts as a Master Chef in selecting and combining the elements of each client’s financial lifestyle plan (see the sidebar to the right).